Wednesday, February 9

Spam Spim Spit

Now that Spam is under control (boy that took a while! but finally Hotmail and Yahoo have gotten better at filtering Spam, and props to Google on this btw, my Gmail has had zero spam mail since I started using it 4 months ago, and my fellow Gmailers report the same), along comes Spim (spam over instant messaging) and Spit (spam over internet telephony).

Spim isn't a big deal if you only chat with your contacts list and are not in a posted member directory - my experience is none with MSN messenger and only a few on Yahoo messenger.

Not to be left out, for those of you thinking about switching your home phone to VOIP (Voice over IP), perhaps just getting it packaged with your high-speed internet access, you might want to wait until they get a handle on this because when this becomes mainstream, Spit might fly galore and well, I don't know about you but I like to keep at a safe distance when that happens...